- Just registered!

Teams
- Most points

Quiz Of The Day
- Tournament Leader

- Last Tournament Champ

You are here:    Home » Discussion Forums
Search:  

Forum Areas > General Forums > Quiz Authors Meet > Why Does It Take the Editors ...

Post Reply   Page 1 of 2

# 1  
2005-11-16 08:43:58

Why does it take the editors so long to aprove a Quiz?

it takes the editors to long to aprove a quiz? post your thoughts ok?

# 2  
2005-11-16 11:25:24

RE

I think our editors approve quizzes pretty fast.
If the quiz is interesting and well-written, according to the rules and restrictions of quiz-writing, it shouldn't take more than 1-2 days.
However, if there are many mistakes and the subject of the quiz is not quite good, the editors might need to check it more than once and fix many things.
Some of my quizzes were approved in a matter of hours, others were at first rejected...
Quiz writing is fun, but it takes time to read the rules and learn how to follow 'em.

# 3  
2005-11-18 18:08:47

RE: Why does it take the editors so long to aprove a Quiz?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored2death2005

It takes the editors a bit longer to approve my quizzes , but this is probably because the topics I choose are sometimes a bit more obscure. The more mainstream quizzes I've written seem to get approved faster, and seem to garner better numbers as well. But sometimes you never know what people are going to respond to! Like Die Zel says, the tighter edited your quiz is upon submission, the faster it will probably get approved. But not always. I think content and how fast a quiz can be researched for accuracy are also salient factors in determining 'turn around' times on any given quiz!

# 4  
2005-12-24 05:47:09

Quote:

You are absolutley right. All quizzes should be approved within 1hour after submitting it. sometimes I have to wait for 4 days, what's up with that?

# 5  
2006-01-04 07:04:49

Well, I think the submitting process is not as simple as you think. It includes verrification of some of the information, careful grammar checking and sometimes rewriting some questions. Some of my quizzes that are online are very different from what I've submitted. I mean the questions sound a lot better and some of the ideas in the explanations are rewritten. Of course those difficult to check quizzes were not aproved within one or two hours, but I think it pays to be patient.

# 6  
2006-05-13 01:06:26

It could depend on popular demand...

Like it is suggested, I look for a need to fill in some categories; my Smokey and the Bandit quiz took over a week to get posted, but my 1970's Oscar Winners took a few hours because I made it the day of the Oscars.

# 7  
2006-05-17 12:12:40

i just wrote my first quiz and i hope they put it on. it's a buffy the vampire slayer quiz. im a huge fan and yes a total geek! Shocked

# 8  
2006-06-25 12:35:37

Quote:

It might be your spelling or typos, since in your question above, you misspelled two(2) words. Can you find them? Just sayin'...

# 9  
2006-07-20 19:04:49

Editors on the ball

Also, congratulations to the editors. They approved my first-ever two quizzes within 2 days of submission, Very impressive.

# 10  
2006-11-03 11:36:52

Quote:

I think most quizzes don't get online until after noon time. Also We don't know how many quizzes have been submited by other members! Certain days no quizzes will be put online at all. If you ad pictures or sound that may take even longer. So in our have to have everything now society a little patience can go a long way!

Write quizzes about things you know. Have informative, clever and witty intro, and even a weird, fun or great picture to it and you can have a successful quiz!

Thanx!
Ron
(Phreekshow)

Post Reply   Page 1 of 2

p.1   |    p.2   |    Next >>    Last >|

Conditions of Use   |   Privacy policy   |   Disclaimer   |   Copyright    © 2005-2017 123facts.com. All Rights Reserved.