- Just registered!

Teams
- Most points

Quiz Of The Day
- Tournament Leader

- Last Tournament Champ

You are here:    Home » Discussion Forums
Search:  

Forum Areas > General Forums > Feedback > Way to Tell Immediately Wheth...

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1

# 1  
2005-10-01 18:18:56

Way to tell immediately whether we've taken a quiz

Is there some way we could know immediately if we'vealready taken a quiz,w/o having to go to our personal quiz histories? For instance, sometimes there are quizzes that have been taken over 100 times, so instead of scrolling through the list to see idf I've already taken it, I'll sometimes take it, only to find I've already taken it! It would be cool if we'd get a message advising us at the start of the quiz of the fact that we've already taken it.

# 2  
2005-10-03 07:20:52

I would totally love that!! I've wondered myself if there wasn't a way we could mark the quizzes we've taken. Its aggravating to take a quiz only to find out that you've already taken it. Or on the flip side, I'm sure there are quizzes that we have missed, because we think we've already done them. I found some the other day, that I was sure I'd had taken, but as it turns out I hadn't.

# 3  
2005-10-04 13:54:32

RE: Way to tell immediately whether we've taken a quiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblu1
Is there some way we could know immediately if we'vealready taken a quiz,w/o having to go to our personal quiz histories? For instance, sometimes there are quizzes that have been taken over 100 times, so instead of scrolling through the list to see idf I've already taken it, I'll sometimes take it, only to find I've already taken it! It would be cool if we'd get a message advising us at the start of the quiz of the fact that we've already taken it.

Sky, rockfairy,

Indeed, it is a very useful feature. It has already been implemented in the Gold Membership program, which will be launched at the end of this month. Gold Membership is an optional, paid upgrade of your account, which will introduce many new features. This will allow us to continue to support and improve this site.

Some of the features will include:

Arrow Unlimited score. All regular accounts will be limited to 20 000 points and Gold members will not have this restriction.

Arrow No more banner ads! Gold members will not see banner ads, contextual ads, or pop-up advertisements anywhere on the 123facts.com website. Pages will open much faster and look much better.

Arrow Highlighting of Played Quizzes. No more taking the same quiz twice and getting no credit for it.

Arrow Extended Statistics. Gold members will have access to refined statistics online and via email.

Arrow Gold Member Control Panel. Each Gold member will have a panel of options, which will allow them to set site preferences and customize their experience on 123facts.com.

Arrow Recognition. Gold members will get a cute logo next to their name everywhere on the site.

New features will constantly be added to the Gold members program.

As ads have become very annoying and costs of maintaining a quality site are rising, this new approach will offer an alternative to adding more and more banners.

Any thoughts?

-esprit

# 4  
2005-10-13 18:26:57

Gold membership update

Quote:
Originally Posted by esprit
Sky, rockfairy,

Indeed, it is a very useful feature. It has already been implemented in the Gold Membership program, which will be launched at the end of this month. Gold Membership is an optional, paid upgrade of your account, which will introduce many new features. This will allow us to continue to support and improve this site.

Some of the features will include:

Arrow Unlimited score. All regular accounts will be limited to 20 000 points and Gold members will not have this restriction.

Arrow No more banner ads! Gold members will not see banner ads, contextual ads, or pop-up advertisements anywhere on the 123facts.com website. Pages will open much faster and look much better.

Arrow Highlighting of Played Quizzes. No more taking the same quiz twice and getting no credit for it.

Arrow Extended Statistics. Gold members will have access to refined statistics online and via email.

Arrow Gold Member Control Panel. Each Gold member will have a panel of options, which will allow them to set site preferences and customize their experience on 123facts.com.

Arrow Recognition. Gold members will get a cute logo next to their name everywhere on the site.

New features will constantly be added to the Gold members program.

As ads have become very annoying and costs of maintaining a quality site are rising, this new approach will offer an alternative to adding more and more banners.

Any thoughts?

-esprit

Update:

Arrow The price has been tentatively set at $25 for a 6-month subscription

Arrow While the system is in development, all users will have access to many of the gold members-only features. Such features already present are the extended ladders in "Hall of Fame" and the ability to know if you have taken a quiz or not, before you play it (marked by *).

Arrow Once the system is launched, we will give free trial memberships to the top players in the ladder

Arrow Regular membership will always remain FREE and you will never be required to pay, in order to take any of the quizzes on the site.

Any comments?

# 5  
2005-10-17 18:35:46

Gold

Sounds good. Keep us posted!

# 6  
2005-10-25 15:03:03

RE: Gold membership update

Quote:
Originally Posted by esprit
Update:

Arrow The price has been tentatively set at $25 for a 6-month subscription

Arrow While the system is in development, all users will have access to many of the gold members-only features. Such features already present are the extended ladders in "Hall of Fame" and the ability to know if you have taken a quiz or not, before you play it (marked by *).

Arrow Once the system is launched, we will give free trial memberships to the top players in the ladder

Arrow Regular membership will always remain FREE and you will never be required to pay, in order to take any of the quizzes on the site.

Any comments?

This is exciting. Do post when this new system is completed.

tuanna

# 7  
2005-11-26 18:55:29

...sounds close to the gold member perks at Funtrivia. Only Funtrivia's gold membership is cheaper. Funtrivia gets rid of ads, gives a cute little icon, gives notifications, gives unlimited scores (of course at Funtrivia that comes with regular membership) and highlights played quizzes. In fact, 123facts also named theirs 'Gold Membership'.
Stealing content are we? After all, you have all of the exact same quiz categories as they do, and daily games, and the same faqs and about us content...

# 8  
2005-11-27 11:51:46

RE:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptin
...sounds close to the gold member perks at Funtrivia. Only Funtrivia's gold membership is cheaper. Funtrivia gets rid of ads, gives a cute little icon, gives notifications, gives unlimited scores (of course at Funtrivia that comes with regular membership) and highlights played quizzes. In fact, 123facts also named theirs 'Gold Membership'.
Stealing content are we? After all, you have all of the exact same quiz categories as they do, and daily games, and the same faqs and about us content...

and automobiles also have the same basic components, such as tires, Diesel or Internal Combustion engines, and all run off the same principles. Couldn't the same be true with these trivia sites? Of course, content is going to be similar. If you look over at sploofus.com, they also have similar categories and sub categories ( Religion, Arts, Music Geography ) To me, these are topics, that , by their very nature lend themselves to trivia. I also agree with user01, that 'Gold' type memberships at these trivia sites are similar to airline awards incentive programs. I believe Sploofus calls their incentive program 'Gold' or something very close to it. Did 123facts rip them off as well, or vice versa? Whether you call it a Kleenex, or the more generic name 'facial tissue', the purpose and usage remains the same, and so it is with these incentive programs! The purpose in every case is to increase memberships, and offset the costs of running a website, as well as to reward active members. Nothing wrong with that, as far as I can see!

The decision to highlight quizzes came out of a discussion in the 'Comments/Suggestions' Forum section, started by me and seconded by other members. The editors here looked at the suggestion, and implemented a convenient feature which allows you to see whether you've played a quiz or not. So I know that feature wasn't ripped off from funtrivia.com. It was just a practical idea. If I hadn't mentioned it. someone else would have, and the results would be the same. To me, a feature such as this one is analogous to an ignition on an automobile: a practical feature at any trivia or games site! No ripoffs involved here, either. Just a practical case of 'necessity being........well, you know!

# 9  
2005-11-27 11:55:16

Stolen Content?

I just had another thought: Is it possible funtrivia's spying on this website, because it is growing as fast as it is? I've told several people about 123facts, and know some of them have become members here. Just a thoght.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1

p.1   |   

Conditions of Use   |   Privacy policy   |   Disclaimer   |   Copyright    © 2005-2017 123facts.com. All Rights Reserved.