- Last Tournament Champ

You are here:    Home » Discussion Forums
Search:  

Forum Areas > General Forums > Quiz Authors Meet > So What S It Take

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1

# 1  
2005-11-07 15:25:55

So, What's it Take?

I think of this area as sort of a 'construction' zone for quizzes. So, what's it take to make a good quiz? I'll start off: Questions that are challenging enough that you have to think about them, but not so difficult that you're tempted to 'Google' the answers! Anyone else?

# 2  
2005-11-10 11:56:07

In my opinion, best quiz-writers are those who manage to find some very interesting information and to make an intriguing question out of it. Every time I write a quiz I try to do that and I'd be very happy if I succeed one day Smile

# 3  
2005-11-12 15:16:09

RE:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieZel
In my opinion, best quiz-writers are those who manage to find some very interesting information and to make an intriguing question out of it. Every time I write a quiz I try to do that and I'd be very happy if I succeed one day Smile

Your quizzs are very good and informative. Also, your Trivial Facts I have found interesting.

# 4  
2005-11-14 05:55:34

I love writing those facts. When I'm checking some webpages and I find an interesting fact, I always submit it here. It'd be great fun if all quiz writers start sharing some weird (and yet true) facts.
However, every time I find something too weird, I check it in some other pages before posting it. Some of the facts on the Internet are completely idiotic Wink

# 5  
2005-11-14 16:04:25

RE:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieZel
I love writing those facts. When I'm checking some webpages and I find an interesting fact, I always submit it here. It'd be great fun if all quiz writers start sharing some weird (and yet true) facts.
However, every time I find something too weird, I check it in some other pages before posting it. Some of the facts on the Internet are completely idiotic Wink

Agreed! I've found discrepancies from the very pedestrian facts ( someones birthdate, for instance) all the way up to the grandiose, which merits being ckd at least twice for accuracy! There is so much latitude on the 'net, partially because of the shared sense of anonymity which people feel. To post something in cyberspace is unlike standing up before a group of people where your credibility is on the line. To ck for accuracy in this mileu is a form of good self discipline, the reward being that your stuff has the ring of truth to it, and proof to back it up!

# 6  
2006-02-02 15:11:48

RE: RE:quizzes

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblu1
Agreed! I've found discrepancies from the very pedestrian facts ( someones birthdate, for instance) all the way up to the grandiose, which merits being ckd at least twice for accuracy! There is so much latitude on the 'net, partially because of the shared sense of anonymity which people feel. To post something in cyberspace is unlike standing up before a group of people where your credibility is on the line. To ck for accuracy in this mileu is a form of good self discipline, the reward being that your stuff has the ring of truth to it, and proof to back it up!

The best quizzes are those you write about topics you yourself like.

# 7  
2006-11-26 12:29:11

My thoughts !

I feel a great quiz comes from the heart and the head! Start writing quizzes about things you love or know something about! Also don't be bent on making the quiz hard. Some of the most fun quizzes are average or easy! Don't be afraid to do something different or write your quiz in a unique way! Lastly a great intro and picture can really get someones attention! 85% of all my quizzes include pictures that I have provided!

Thanx!
Phreekshow

# 8  
2006-11-26 13:47:56

There are many great quizzes and quiz authors on this site and I would like to personally thank everyone who has taken their time to post a quiz/fact contributing to the success of this site.

Lately, I have made multimedia quizzes because to me that is what separates this site from other quiz sites. My 70's theme quizzes and the AFI movie quote quiz seemed to go over pretty well. I plan on making 80's & 90's TV theme quizes. Also, I have almost every song on the AFI list of top 100 movie songs. Thought about doing a quiz on those.

The specialty quizzes are great on this site but the way I see, EVERYONE likes music & movies. Although my degree is military history, pop culture drives me more than anything.

The quizzes I enjoy the most (that aren't mine... Razz j/k) are the ones that deal with current issue topics. When Ed Bradley passed away, Shimon was right there with 2 60 minutes quizzes. I have seen ths happen many times and would like to applaud the editors and quiz makers for getting quizzes such as those 2 online so quickly.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1

p.1   |   

Conditions of Use   |   Privacy policy   |   Disclaimer   |   Copyright    © 2005-2017 123facts.com. All Rights Reserved.