- Last Tournament Champ

You are here:    Home » Discussion Forums
Search:  

Forum Areas > General Forums > Feedback > Site Inaccessible

Post Reply   Page 1 of 3

# 1  
2008-01-04 04:39:27

Site inaccessible ????

For a few days now I've noticed for that the site cannot be accessed between 6 and 7 in the morning Eastern time. This is a prime time for me, and I was wondering if anyone else noticed this, and why this is happening.
Thanks
JSG

# 2  
2008-01-04 06:55:30

Hi JSG make a screenshot of the page wheni t's not opening and send it to dselian@gmail.com or simply you can paste here the text of the recived error so i can tell you if the problem is with the web site or something with your Internet Provaider.

# 3  
2008-01-04 09:38:28

RE:

Quote:
Originally Posted by triumph
Hi JSG make a screenshot of the page wheni t's not opening and send it to dselian@gmail.com or simply you can paste here the text of the recived error so i can tell you if the problem is with the web site or something with your Internet Provaider.

Hi Triumph,
I'm sorry, but I'm not that great with computers, so I don't know what you mean by a screenshot. I can tell you it said something about "line 37", and "too many connections in the home", but I don't think the problem is on my end, as I only have one computer and one Internet connection. I also have checked other sites when this happens, and have no problem with navigating the web. I'm sure I'm not the only one this has happened to. I've spoken to another member, and they had the same problem at the same time. Also, I will continue to refresh the page until it does finally come on, and the first thing I do is check the "who's online" section. Most days when I've done this, the total number of members and guests was in the single digits, which I've NEVER seen before. That's when I realized it wasn't just me. Even at 6 AM Eastern time there's usually around 50-100 playing online, and anywhere from 2-6 members. Some days there weren't even 6 total when I got on, so apparently nobody could get on. The few that were online when I signed in beat me by seconds, so they must have been trying repeatedly too.
I don't know if what I gave you helped or not. If this happens again, I will write down what it says word for word and get it to you.
Thanks for your attention
JSG

# 4  
2008-01-04 14:20:25

JSG if your recive error msg too many connections from sql or something like that it's problem from the site in this week i recived twice this msg but after reloading the site 5-6 times evrything was ok for me but you are saying that you can't enter the site for about an hour then the problem is more serouis pls post a msg again if you recive the some error agin in this time interval.

# 5  
2008-01-05 04:43:13

RE:

Quote:
JSG if your recive error msg too many connections from sql or something like that it's problem from the site in this week i recived twice this msg but after reloading the site 5-6 times evrything was ok for me but you are saying that you can't enter the site for about an hour then the problem is more serouis pls post a msg again if you recive the some error agin in this time interval.

Okay Triumph,
Here's what I have...
I first tried to log on at 6:15 Eastern this morning, at which time I got this message which took about 2 minutes to display:

Warning: mysql_pconnect() [function.mysql-pconnect]: Too many connections in /home/facts/public_html/include/db.inc on line 37 Error: Could not connect to database. Please try again later.

The part that read ..[function.mysql-pconnect]: ... Was highlighted to click on as a link. When I did that I got this message:

Oops, there is no such page on our server. Please visit the home page, 123Facts.com

The "123Facts.com" was highlighted so I clicked that, and got the original message again.

I tried continuously to log in, and did finally get on at around 6:57, at which time there were 15 guests and no members online. Then, within 2 minutes that number went up to 112 guests and 5 members.
Something else I want to mention was, one day this week there was a member online for over 2 hours when I did finally get on after having this problem, but he was the ONLY person online. So perhaps if you are already logged in you will stay logged in. Question I thought this may be important info.
Hope this all helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.
JSG

# 6  
2008-01-05 06:27:05

JSG thanks for the info that's very strange we have that problem for about 3 days now? the error msg indicates that too many users has been connected to the site and the DB from the site won't accept more connections wich is not possible to happend at least not 3 days in one exact hour.Most probably the problem is in the hosting company of tnis site i suppose they run some test or updates in this couple of days.Please infrom me if you encounter the same problem tomorrow.

# 7  
2008-01-05 14:01:27

RE:

Quote:
JSG thanks for the info that's very strange we have that problem for about 3 days now? the error msg indicates that too many users has been connected to the site and the DB from the site won't accept more connections wich is not possible to happend at least not 3 days in one exact hour.Most probably the problem is in the hosting company of tnis site i suppose they run some test or updates in this couple of days.Please infrom me if you encounter the same problem tomorrow.

Hi Triumph
I'll see what I can do about tomorrow. Being Sunday, I'm hoping to still be asleep at 6 AM. Smile If I don't get on before 7 tomorrow, I will for sure on Monday, and I'll let you know how it goes then.
JSG

# 8  
2008-01-07 05:32:48

RE: RE:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustSomeGuy
Hi Triumph
I'll see what I can do about tomorrow. Being Sunday, I'm hoping to still be asleep at 6 AM. Smile If I don't get on before 7 tomorrow, I will for sure on Monday, and I'll let you know how it goes then.
JSG

Exact same thing this morning triumph. Today it was a a few minutes after 7 AM Eastern when I got online.
Also, there was a member online for over an hour when I logged in again this morning, so it does seem like if you're already on, you can stay on, it's just not accepting new connections during that time.
Again, I hope this helps.
JSG

# 9  
2008-01-07 06:10:13

RE: RE: RE:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustSomeGuy
Exact same thing this morning triumph. Today it was a a few minutes after 7 AM Eastern when I got online.
Also, there was a member online for over an hour when I logged in again this morning, so it does seem like if you're already on, you can stay on, it's just not accepting new connections during that time.
Again, I hope this helps.
JSG

thanks for the info JSG Yesterday i cheked for the problem myself same thing happend again by that time.. i will try to contact the hosting company but if the problem is in the 123facts DB(database) only esprit have access to it and he is on vacation now

# 10  
2008-01-07 06:43:33

RE: RE: RE: RE:

Quote:
thanks for the info JSG Yesterday i cheked for the problem myself same thing happend again by that time.. i will try to contact the hosting company but if the problem is in the 123facts DB(database) only esprit have access to it and he is on vacation now

No problem. Glad I could help.
JSG

Post Reply   Page 1 of 3

p.1   |    p.2   |    p.3   |    Next >>    Last >|

Conditions of Use   |   Privacy policy   |   Disclaimer   |   Copyright    © 2005-2017 123facts.com. All Rights Reserved.