- Last Tournament Champ

You are here:    Home » Discussion Forums
Search:  

Forum Areas > General Forums > Quiz Authors Meet > My next Quiz a Tough One

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1

# 1  
2008-08-09 16:21:03

My next quiz... a tough one

I am currently trying to write a quiz about Samuel Taylor Coldrige's epic poem "the Ancient Mariner" I could go either way, i could make it difficult for the people familiar with the epic, or go easy for the universial everyday person who might not be into that sort of thing. Any opinions?

# 2  
2008-08-09 17:09:43

RE: My next quiz... a tough one

Quote:
Originally Posted by damdave
I am currently trying to write a quiz about Samuel Taylor Coldrige's epic poem "the Ancient Mariner" I could go either way, i could make it difficult for the people familiar with the epic, or go easy for the universial everyday person who might not be into that sort of thing. Any opinions?

Do you have enough questions to make one of each ?
If you've got the time and the material, I'd go for the 2X goodwill. Smile
JSG

# 3  
2008-08-09 17:30:47

RE: RE: My next quiz... a tough one

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustSomeGuy
Do you have enough questions to make one of each ?
If you've got the time and the material, I'd go for the 2X goodwill. Smile
JSG

good question! If I went all out, I could write an easy one and a hard one both about 20 questions long. Might start out with the easy one and see what the response would be like. Have you read "The Ancient Mariner"?

# 4  
2008-08-10 09:11:50

RE: RE: RE: My next quiz... a tough one

Quote:
good question! If I went all out, I could write an easy one and a hard one both about 20 questions long. Might start out with the easy one and see what the response would be like. Have you read "The Ancient Mariner"?

Okay, how ya gonna call me out in the forums like that ? Now everyone's going to know I didn't read the book. Embarassed Laughing I'm sure many people have though. I was just always a "Cliff Notes the night before the test" kind of guy. Hey, would that get me by on your easy quiz ? Idea
If you have that much material, definitely do an easy and a hard. It's up to you if you want some time in between submitting them. It's the choice between 4X points once, or 2X points, twice. Some prefer stacking them, and some prefer splitting them up. The nice thing is, you get to decide which way works better for you.
JSG

# 5  
2008-08-10 11:21:42

The mariner

There were many vocabulary words that are now archaic that could become questions-like -estoons his hands dropped he.

# 6  
2008-08-10 16:05:00

No matter which way you go it WILL be a tough quiz! That is an obscure topic but I am sure that which ever way you go it will be great!

# 7  
2008-08-10 22:00:58

RE: RE: RE: My next quiz... a tough one

Quote:

I haven't read this so I doubt I would do well on the story line type questions. But, vocabulary would be interesting and appeal to those for whom haven't read it! Wink

# 8  
2008-08-11 08:18:10

thanks for all your imput, I decided to write a fairly easy one to sort of test the waters. But I recommend reading the poem even after taking the quiz, I found it absorbing and with an eye opener or two... A ffew popular culture prases are taken from this great classic, I hope someday you all will get it a once over! Thanks again for the input!!! You all are the greatest!

# 9  
2008-08-11 13:52:23

Rumors about STC

There are many rumors about Samuel Taylor Coleridge. He probably wrote most of his poems while he was very high. He probably wrote some of the poems usually ascribed to William Wadsworth, his best bud. He was rumored to be setting up his own community in Pennsylvannia with his brother-in-law but was may have had the hots for another woman.(Wadsworth's sister-in-law.) Maybe if you iron out these rumors , you could expand your quiz to include STC's weirdo life. Back in the stone age , my teacher told us that he began writing a great poem in his drug induced sleep when a friend woke him up, leaving the poem unfinished.

# 10  
2008-08-13 02:27:28

RE: Rumors about STC

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimonbentzvi
There are many rumors about Samuel Taylor Coleridge. He probably wrote most of his poems while he was very high. He probably wrote some of the poems usually ascribed to William Wadsworth, his best bud. He was rumored to be setting up his own community in Pennsylvannia with his brother-in-law but was may have had the hots for another woman.(Wadsworth's sister-in-law.) Maybe if you iron out these rumors , you could expand your quiz to include STC's weirdo life. Back in the stone age , my teacher told us that he began writing a great poem in his drug induced sleep when a friend woke him up, leaving the poem unfinished.

wow, I did not know that! Maybe a new quiz just on the author???? hhhhmmmmmm.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1

p.1   |   

Conditions of Use   |   Privacy policy   |   Disclaimer   |   Copyright    © 2005-2017 123facts.com. All Rights Reserved.