- Last Tournament Champ

You are here:    Home » Discussion Forums
Search:  

Forum Areas > General Forums > Quiz Authors Meet > Just to Let You Know

Post Reply   Page 1 of 2

# 1  
2008-03-15 06:15:25

Just to let you know!

My quiz Phreekshow's "Mixed bag" of Trivia Goodies was created and submitted 3 weeks ago but has not been put up yet! So anyone who was watching for it that is what is up!
Sorry
Phreekshow

# 2  
2008-03-15 10:00:57

The editors on this site are volunteers and we don't have enough of them. As a result, some quizzes will take a long time to be processed and placed online.

# 3  
2008-03-18 16:14:06

RE:

Quote:
Originally Posted by esprit
The editors on this site are volunteers and we don't have enough of them. As a result, some quizzes will take a long time to be processed and placed online.

Esprit Thank you! I am however very much aware that quiz editors are VOLUNTEERS and that they work hard to get our quizzes on this site! I have been here long enough to know that sometimes there are oversites and things can be slower than we quiz authors expect!
This post was NOT an attack on the editors! After I privately spoke to you about this quiz I wanted to let the people who were expecting my quiz know that it WAS written and submitted it just wasn't posted yet! I love this site and I also VOLUNTEER as do all quiz authors on this site as well! I thought it was a little inappropriate to post a response that seemed to regard me as if I was new to this site! I am aware of how things work. I will end simply by saying that I will continue to write quizzes weekly and contribute to this site in any other way that I can!

Thank You!
Phreekshow

# 4  
2008-03-18 16:56:41

RE: RE:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreekshow
Esprit Thank you! I am however very much aware that quiz editors are VOLUNTEERS and that they work hard to get our quizzes on this site! I have been here long enough to know that sometimes there are oversites and things can be slower than we quiz authors expect!
This post was NOT an attack on the editors! After I privately spoke to you about this quiz I wanted to let the people who were expecting my quiz know that it WAS written and submitted it just wasn't posted yet! I love this site and I also VOLUNTEER as do all quiz authors on this site as well! I thought it was a little inappropriate to post a response that seemed to regard me as if I was new to this site! I am aware of how things work. I will end simply by saying that I will continue to write quizzes weekly and contribute to this site in any other way that I can!

Thank You!
Phreekshow

Ron,

No offense whatsoever was intended.

I personally believe that your quiz was delayed because it had so many questions. It can be a daunting task to check a 20-question quiz!

--esprit

# 5  
2008-03-18 17:07:15

RE: RE: RE:

Quote:
Ron,

I personally believe that your quiz was delayed because it had so many questions. It can be a daunting task to check a 20-question quiz!

--esprit

Ya know what, it can also be a daunting task to make a 20 question quiz or a 10 question quiz for that matter. It has to take me over 4 hrs to make one quiz due to the answer explanations, that has to be a lot longer than it takes the quiz editors to check a quiz. I think that the quiz editors on here are phenomenal and have always done right by me so I don't have a problem either way, I am just saying that it takes me a lot of time, as I am sure it does for other authors as well to make these quizzes. Damn, the way that I see it, I volunteer about 20 hrs a wk. to this site, provided that I am in quiz making mode. Hey Esprit, is there any way that the quiz authors can get a penny for each time their quiz is played, members and guests combined naturally? I would call that a little quiz making incentive. Smile Very Happy

# 6  
2008-03-18 18:32:10

RE: RE: RE: RE:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanitation
Ya know what, it can also be a daunting task to make a 20 question quiz or a 10 question quiz for that matter. It has to take me over 4 hrs to make one quiz due to the answer explanations, that has to be a lot longer than it takes the quiz editors to check a quiz. I think that the quiz editors on here are phenomenal and have always done right by me so I don't have a problem either way, I am just saying that it takes me a lot of time, as I am sure it does for other authors as well to make these quizzes. Damn, the way that I see it, I volunteer about 20 hrs a wk. to this site, provided that I am in quiz making mode. Hey Esprit, is there any way that the quiz authors can get a penny for each time their quiz is played, members and guests combined naturally? I would call that a little quiz making incentive. Smile Very Happy

>>Ya know what, it can also be a daunting task to make a 20 question quiz or a 10 question quiz for that matter. It has to take me over 4 hrs to make one quiz due to the answer explanations, that has to be a lot longer than it takes the quiz editors to check a quiz.

There is no question about that. But also keep in mind that the editors have to edit everyone's quizzes - there are 50 or 60 in the queue now.

>>I think that the quiz editors on here are phenomenal and have always done right by me so I don't have a problem either way, I am just saying that it takes me a lot of time, as I am sure it does for other authors as well to make these quizzes. Damn, the way that I see it, I volunteer about 20 hrs a wk. to this site, provided that I am in quiz making mode.

I think about the editors as the "men behind the curtain," as their work is a lot less rewarding -- they do not get their name next to each quiz they spend time editing nor do they get any compliments on the work they do.

This is not a "who does more work - the authors or the editors" debate - both do a great job. I was merely implying that it may take the editors more time to tackle a 20 question quiz vs. a 10 quesion one.

>>Hey Esprit, is there any way that the quiz authors can get a penny for each time their quiz is played, members and guests combined naturally? I would call that a little quiz making incentive.

Honestly, if that were even remotely financially feasible, I woudl LOVE to do it!

--esprit

# 7  
2008-03-20 15:56:53

RE: RE: RE:

Quote:
Ron,

--esprit

No problem! I was never upset about it! I just did not know if there was a problem!

Thank You!

# 8  
2008-03-20 15:59:15

RE: RE: RE: RE:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanitation

My 20 question quizzes usually take an hour and a half. My 10 questions 30-60 minutes depending on the topic! That is why i crank out so many!

# 9  
2008-05-07 09:09:56

Smile i just completed my 1st quiz on soccer world cups i hope people enjoy it and dont find it too easy.

# 10  
2008-05-07 18:11:36

RE:

Quote:
Originally Posted by austaly
Smile i just completed my 1st quiz on soccer world cups i hope people enjoy it and dont find it too easy.

How old are you austaly ? I am gonna take a stab at this and say 15 !!!! Am I right?

Post Reply   Page 1 of 2

p.1   |    p.2   |    Next >>    Last >|

Conditions of Use   |   Privacy policy   |   Disclaimer   |   Copyright    © 2005-2017 123facts.com. All Rights Reserved.