- Just registered!

Teams
- Most points

Quiz Of The Day
- Tournament Leader

- Last Tournament Champ

You are here:    Home » Discussion Forums
Search:  

Forum Areas > General Forums > Feedback > Is There Cheating on the Dail...

Post Reply   Page 1 of 3

# 1  
2006-08-05 12:10:42

Is there cheating on the daily quizzes?

Okay, I've been trying to 'contact us' but i keep getting an error message, so I'm assuming my e-mails aren't going through. I was on this morning when the new quizzes were put up and someone took the quizzes...getting less than stellar results then seconds later, the current leader takes the quizzes and gets 24 out of 24 correct. Ok, that sometimes happens, I've done it once or twice, but EVERY DAY THIS MONTH it's happened. Today, the easy quiz which is countries was actually taken by my husband, who is a social studies professor with a masters degree. he only got nine correct. Since I cannot contact moderators, I am hoping someone in a position of authority will look into this. It's not fair that some take these fun quizzes, eh maybe hoping to see their name on the hall of fame. Ok, I'm ranting and I'm sorry, but it truly is not fair. We're all here to have fun, aren't we?

Marti

# 2  
2006-08-05 22:23:59

RE: Is there cheating on the daily quizzes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marti1013
Okay, I've been trying to 'contact us' but i keep getting an error message, so I'm assuming my e-mails aren't going through. I was on this morning when the new quizzes were put up and someone took the quizzes...getting less than stellar results then seconds later, the current leader takes the quizzes and gets 24 out of 24 correct. Ok, that sometimes happens, I've done it once or twice, but EVERY DAY THIS MONTH it's happened. Today, the easy quiz which is countries was actually taken by my husband, who is a social studies professor with a masters degree. he only got nine correct. Since I cannot contact moderators, I am hoping someone in a position of authority will look into this. It's not fair that some take these fun quizzes, eh maybe hoping to see their name on the hall of fame. Ok, I'm ranting and I'm sorry, but it truly is not fair. We're all here to have fun, aren't we?

Marti

I spoke to you before, I guess the proper word would be "wrote" to you before. I have been on this site since November and this has been going on for months, just continue to take your quizzes and continue to have fun, what more can you do? Enjoy ! Sanitation ( Anthony )

# 3  
2006-08-12 07:27:32

Quote:

Marti

Marti, I have been a member for 2 wks. now,you are 100% correct,people are cheating,heres the thing,the ones that are doing it are well above average Trivia players. I am sure you have seen people who can not stand to lose @ anything,card games,cards go flying,baseball,bats to the outfield,racetract,screaming &throwing things,etc. etc. etc. Only a qualify Doctor can help these people. kman.

# 4  
2006-08-15 14:25:57

RE: RE: Is there cheating on the daily quizzes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kman
Marti, I have been a member for 2 wks. now,you are 100% correct,people are cheating,heres the thing,the ones that are doing it are well above average Trivia players. I am sure you have seen people who can not stand to lose @ anything,card games,cards go flying,baseball,bats to the outfield,racetract,screaming &throwing things,etc. etc. etc. Only a qualify Doctor can help these people. kman.

If cheating is possible, someone will do it. I've been on this site several months; i've been in A LOT of online trivia games as a participant and even operated two games. The playing field is clearly divided among players with ethics and players without. It's extremely hard to PROVE cheating and so game moderators can't do much to stop it.

# 5  
2006-10-22 11:57:08

Definitely cheating

Although you can't prove cheating, there is no doubt there is cheating, especially in the tournament. In the month of October, the same guy has gotten 1000+ and first place on evrything and seems to complete every quiz in 30 seconds or less. I think he gets the answers from someone or has 2 accounts. I think everyone knows who I am talking about.

# 6  
2006-10-22 19:27:56

RE: Definitely cheating

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJSports22
Although you can't prove cheating, there is no doubt there is cheating, especially in the tournament. In the month of October, the same guy has gotten 1000+ and first place on evrything and seems to complete every quiz in 30 seconds or less. I think he gets the answers from someone or has 2 accounts. I think everyone knows who I am talking about.

Yepper, I admit, I have "cheated" a couple of times this month just to knock off the the 2 people that are always in the top 2. Also, to show how ludicrous it looks to have a 12/12 in under 30 seconds on the hard quiz. For whatever reason, didn't appear ludicrous to those who cheat everyday. I have mixed feelings on this issue...don't go for the cheating just to see your name at the top but why should I care if someone is cheating. I'm testing myself against these timed quizzes! I know who the cheaters are and if I get a good score I feel good nonetheless.

FYI, the person you were referring to got a 3/10 on a regular quiz!

# 7  
2006-12-20 08:14:08

there is no question that some people cheat on the daily quizes but there is also no way to stop them. Everybody knows who is cheating and should evaluate their own scores without paying attention to the scores of those people.

# 8  
2006-12-21 06:51:51

RE:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick2520sta
there is no question that some people cheat on the daily quizes but there is also no way to stop them. Everybody knows who is cheating and should evaluate their own scores without paying attention to the scores of those people.

This has been an ongoing thing, just take the regualr quizzes and enjoy the site, what more can you do? If you are legit when you take the quiz of the day, then you have done your part. Stop worrying about that and just enjoy this great site. You will feel better in the end. Anthony

# 9  
2006-12-21 07:29:01

Quote:

Marti

All I know is that I rarely play the tournament! I prefer the individual quizzes! I know that there is cheating because i took a hard quiz and realized that half the questions were from my own quizzes and someone still beat me answering nearly all of them and they were from my very hard B-movie quizzes! I cannot stand cheaters and if I had any idea there were cheaters on MY team they would be GONE! No questions asked! If they cheat on tournament then they will probably cheat on individual quizzes as well! I do not want to acquire points that way. As I think other team leaders feel as well!

Cheating is excepted way to much in this country and to condone it here is rediculous. It punishes those of us who legitamately earned our way here! Also unfair to those of us who work hard to challenge people with fun and interesting quizzes! I hope the cheaters can be identified and eliminated from this site! We should have a ZERO TOLERANCE policy!

Thanx!
Phreekshow

# 10  
2006-12-21 08:55:01

RE: RE: Is there cheating on the daily quizzes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreekshow
All I know is that I rarely play the tournament! I prefer the individual quizzes! I know that there is cheating because i took a hard quiz and realized that half the questions were from my own quizzes and someone still beat me answering nearly all of them and they were from my very hard B-movie quizzes! I cannot stand cheaters and if I had any idea there were cheaters on MY team they would be GONE! No questions asked! If they cheat on tournament then they will probably cheat on individual quizzes as well! I do not want to acquire points that way. As I think other team leaders feel as well!

Cheating is excepted way to much in this country and to condone it here is rediculous. It punishes those of us who legitamately earned our way here! Also unfair to those of us who work hard to challenge people with fun and interesting quizzes! I hope the cheaters can be identified and eliminated from this site! We should have a ZERO TOLERANCE policy!

Thanx!
Phreekshow

A very angry Phreekshow !!!! Everybody just take the regular quizzes, they are much more satisfying. I have been saying this for like a year now. Anthony

Post Reply   Page 1 of 3

p.1   |    p.2   |    p.3   |    Next >>    Last >|

Conditions of Use   |   Privacy policy   |   Disclaimer   |   Copyright    © 2005-2017 123facts.com. All Rights Reserved.