123facts.com - The Most Complete Trivia Game Site

Trivia Quizzes, Games, and Facts

Trivia Categories Forums About Us FAQ Contact Us
Username:  
Password:
Register   My 123Facts


Trivia Quiz Categories
Animals
Brain Teasers
Celebrities
Entertainment
For Kids
General
Geography
History
Hobbies
Humanities
Literature
Movies
Music
People
Religion & Faith
Science & Technology
Sports
Television
Video Games
World

List all trivia quiz categories

More Trivia Fun
New Quizzes
Popular Recent Quizzes
Most Highly Rated Quizzes
   
Write a Quiz

Monthly Tournament
Today's Easy Trivia
Today's Hard Trivia
Easy Hourly Trivia
Hard Hourly Trivia

Trivia Facts
Browse Trivia Facts
Submit a Trivia Fact

Statistics
View Hall of Fame

Website
- Who's online?
689 playing now

- Quizzes served
5,823,006

Players
- Most points

- Registered members
40791

- Just registered!

Teams
- Most points

Quiz Of The Day
- Tournament Leader

- Last Tournament Champ

You are here:    Home » Discussion Forums
Search:  

Forum Areas > General Forums > Feedback > Images


Post Reply   Page 1 of 1

  # 1  
2007-10-06 08:01:26
 
Join Date: 2006-10-08
Images

Many people may not realize the importance of the image that accompanies a quiz! Like in advertising some players amy base their quiz choice on the image provided. I try to include an image with all of my quizzes, they do not all get accepted but most do and I find I can tailor a quiz image to my taste! It personalizes the quiz the YOU have worked so hard to write! So next time you write a quiz try and find a suitable image for that quiz. I am sure that the guidelines for posting quiz imafges can be posted in this thread!



Thank You
Happy Quizzing!
Phreekshow Very Happy

Reply With Quote

  # 2  
2007-10-06 08:50:01
 
Join Date: 2007-05-12
I agree with Phreekshow

The eye candy is very important. Also, the ability to attach images and sound clips within quizzes can be nice too; and is yet another example of what sets this website apart from other trivia sites.

As to your main quiz image, I think eyez2k1ss is more qualified to speak on what makes an image suitable. My understanding is that it should be simple - just a single object or close-up of a single face. The thumbnail is fairly small, and a crowded busy image with text is not decipherable in a tiny thumbnail.

So, for example, on your next Led Zeppelin quiz, choose a close-up of Jimmy Page to represent your quiz and not the whole band in concert. It has a much greater chance of getting posted.

Reply With Quote

  # 3  
2007-10-06 09:34:54
 
Join Date: 2005-11-24
I totally agree.

The picture sells the quiz. You need to catch the eye of people. I know for sure if I see a picture that looks good, I will take the quiz right there on the spot. I do not wait for the Good Will, if I am intrigued by a pic, I take the quiz. Quiz photo is 60% of what draws people to your quiz. I don't know the other 40%. I haven't really thought about it. Anthony

Reply With Quote

  # 4  
2007-10-06 11:47:27
 
Join Date: 2006-10-08
RE: I totally agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanitation
The picture sells the quiz. You need to catch the eye of people. I know for sure if I see a picture that looks good, I will take the quiz right there on the spot. I do not wait for the Good Will, if I am intrigued by a pic, I take the quiz. Quiz photo is 60% of what draws people to your quiz. I don't know the other 40%. I haven't really thought about it. Anthony


The other 40% has to do with fun factor, quality, genre and name recognition! Some people just play quizzes based on category or genre because that is what they know! Others may play quizzes from certain quiz authors and still others based on the fun factor of previous quizzes!

Reply With Quote

  # 5  
2007-10-07 21:16:23
 
Join Date: 2006-11-04

Help! The editors use the picture that I choose for my quizzes about -oh maybe 20% of the time. They never change the images on the actual quiz,
just the one I pick to head the quiz. I have a feeling it has to do with copyright.
I hate for the editors to have to take time to find an image. Can anyone tell me where to search for images besides Google-images?

Thanks
Silver
P.S. The editors were kind enough to choose a different picture on a quiz I wrote about movies that have won an Edgar. Does anyone recognize the person pictured? I haven't a clue.

Reply With Quote

  # 6  
2007-10-12 16:15:01
 
Join Date: 2007-05-12
Silverqueen's question

Silverqueen wrote: "The editors were kind enough to choose a different picture on a quiz I wrote about movies that have won an Edgar. Does anyone recognize the person pictured? I haven't a clue."

Answer: Chris Grabenstein, author (novels: Tilt-A-Whirl and Mad Mouse)

A pretty obscure photo choice.

Reply With Quote

  # 7  
2007-10-13 20:34:15
 
Join Date: 2007-09-19

I could also agree with this. I'm sure there are some people who are attracted to a quiz because of a good lucking photo or picture.
With me I'm more concerned with content than anythng else. I won't do a quiz on a subject that I know absolutely nothing about or have no interest in.
Regardless of what kind of photo or picture there is.

Reply With Quote

  # 8  
2007-10-17 18:27:48
 
Join Date: 2006-11-04
RE: Silverqueen's question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilligan
Silverqueen wrote: "The editors were kind enough to choose a different picture on a quiz I wrote about movies that have won an Edgar. Does anyone recognize the person pictured? I haven't a clue."

Answer: Chris Grabenstein, author (novels: Tilt-A-Whirl and Mad Mouse)

A pretty obscure photo choice.


Thank you! !
I'll just call him, Chris.
Silver

Reply With Quote

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1

p.1   |   













 
 
Conditions of Use   |   Privacy policy   |   Disclaimer   |   Copyright    © 2005-2017 123facts.com. All Rights Reserved.