123facts.com - The Most Complete Trivia Game Site

Trivia Quizzes, Games, and Facts

Trivia Categories Forums About Us FAQ Contact Us
Username:  
Password:
Register   My 123Facts


Trivia Quiz Categories
Animals
Brain Teasers
Celebrities
Entertainment
For Kids
General
Geography
History
Hobbies
Humanities
Literature
Movies
Music
People
Religion & Faith
Science & Technology
Sports
Television
Video Games
World

List all trivia quiz categories

More Trivia Fun
New Quizzes
Popular Recent Quizzes
Most Highly Rated Quizzes
   
Write a Quiz

Monthly Tournament
Today's Easy Trivia
Today's Hard Trivia
Easy Hourly Trivia
Hard Hourly Trivia

Trivia Facts
Browse Trivia Facts
Submit a Trivia Fact

Statistics
View Hall of Fame

Website
- Who's online?
465 playing now

- Quizzes served
5,822,895

Players
- Most points

- Registered members
40791

- Just registered!

Teams
- Most points

Quiz Of The Day
- Tournament Leader

- Last Tournament Champ

You are here:    Home » Discussion Forums
Search:  

Forum Areas > General Forums > Quiz Authors Meet > I Sort of Pride Myself


You cannot currently post here   Page 1 of 4

  # 1  
2008-05-15 16:19:25
 
Join Date: 2005-11-24
I sort of pride myself.........................

with giving thorough informative answer explanations on my quizzes. I figure that after taking the quiz, you just may learn something. I feel good about that and most people that I associate with on this site, already know this little fact. Last week, I submitted an "M" quiz and had two of my explanations cut down, and I mean "cut down". One was the words to "Men Without Hats" "Safety Dance" song and the other was an answer explanation to "Milli Vanilli". I was a little insulted when this happened. Grant it, it is not the end of the world, but the "Vanilli" question took me about 45 minutes by itself. I look at Joe Smow's Black Panther quiz and see this :

The 10 point program is as follows:
1. We Want Freedom. We Want Power To Determine The Destiny Of Our Black Community.
We believe that Black people will not be free until we are able to determine our destiny.

2. We Want Full Employment For Our People.
We believe that the federal government is responsible and obligated to give every man employment or a guaranteed income. We believe that if the White American businessmen will not give full employment, then the means of production should be taken from the businessmen and placed in the community so that the people of the community can organize and employ all of its people and give a high standard of living.

3. We Want An End To The Robbery By The Capitalists Of Our Black Community.
We believe that this racist government has robbed us, and now we are demanding the overdue debt of forty acres and two mules. Forty acres and two mules were promised 100 years ago as restitution for slave labor and mass murder of Black people. We will accept the payment in currency which will be distributed to our many communities. The Germans are now aiding the Jews in Israel for the genocide of the Jewish people. The Germans murdered six million Jews. The American racist has taken part in the slaughter of over fifty million Black people; therefore, we feel that this is a modest demand that we make.

4. We Want Decent Housing Fit For The Shelter Of Human Beings.
We believe that if the White Landlords will not give decent housing to our Black community, then the housing and the land should be made into cooperatives so that our community, with government aid, can build and make decent housing for its people.

5. We Want Education For Our People That Exposes The True Nature Of This Decadent American Society. We Want Education That Teaches Us Our True History And Our Role In The Present-Day Society.
We believe in an educational system that will give to our people a knowledge of self. If a man does not have knowledge of himself and his position in society and the world, then he has little chance to relate to anything else.

6. We Want All Black Men To Be Exempt From Military Service.
We believe that Black people should not be forced to fight in the military service to defend a racist government that does not protect us. We will not fight and kill other people of color in the world who, like Black people, are being victimized by the White racist government of America. We will protect ourselves from the force and violence of the racist police and the racist military, by whatever means necessary.

7. We Want An Immediate End To Police Brutality And Murder Of Black People.
We believe we can end police brutality in our Black community by organizing Black self-defense groups that are dedicated to defending our Black community from racist police oppression and brutality. The Second Amendment to the Constitution of the United States gives a right to bear arms. We therefore believe that all Black people should arm themselves for self- defense.

8. We Want Freedom For All Black Men Held In Federal, State, County And City Prisons And Jails.
We believe that all Black people should be released from the many jails and prisons because they have not received a fair and impartial trial.

9. We Want All Black People When Brought To Trial To Be Tried In Court By A Jury Of Their Peer Group Or People From Their Black Communities, As Defined By The Constitution Of The United States.
We believe that the courts should follow the United States Constitution so that Black people will receive fair trials. The Fourteenth Amendment of the U.S. Constitution gives a man a right to be tried by his peer group. A peer is a person from a similar economic, social, religious, geographical, environmental, historical and racial background. To do this the court will be forced to select a jury from the Black community from which the Black defendant came. We have been, and are being, tried by all-White juries that have no understanding of the "average reasoning man" of the Black community.

10. We Want Land, Bread, Housing, Education,Clothing, Justice And Peace.
When, in the course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume, among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the laws of nature and nature's God entitle them, a decent respect of the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal; that they are endowed by their Creator with certain inalienable rights; that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. That, to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed; that, whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or abolish it, and to institute a new government, laying its foundation on such principles, and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and, accordingly, all experience hath shown that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But, when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards for their future security.


Maybe it's just me, but that is pretty long and it didn't get cut, which it shouldn't, why should mine? I wrote to somebody about it but they have not gotten back to me yet. I have to go now and dry my tears. Anthony


  # 2  
2008-05-15 21:50:50
 
Join Date: 2005-04-08
RE: I sort of pride myself.........................

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanitation
with giving thorough informative answer explanations on my quizzes. I figure that after taking the quiz, you just may learn something. I feel good about that and most people that I associate with on this site, already know this little fact. Last week, I submitted an "M" quiz and had two of my explanations cut down, and I mean "cut down". One was the words to "Men Without Hats" "Safety Dance" song and the other was an answer explanation to "Milli Vanilli". I was a little insulted when this happened. Grant it, it is not the end of the world, but the "Vanilli" question took me about 45 minutes by itself. I look at Joe Smow's Black Panther quiz and see this :

The 10 point program is as follows:
1. We Want Freedom. We Want Power To Determine The Destiny Of Our Black Community.
We believe that Black people will not be free until we are able to determine our destiny.

2. We Want Full Employment For Our People.
We believe that the federal government is responsible and obligated to give every man employment or a guaranteed income. We believe that if the White American businessmen will not give full employment, then the means of production should be taken from the businessmen and placed in the community so that the people of the community can organize and employ all of its people and give a high standard of living.

3. We Want An End To The Robbery By The Capitalists Of Our Black Community.
We believe that this racist government has robbed us, and now we are demanding the overdue debt of forty acres and two mules. Forty acres and two mules were promised 100 years ago as restitution for slave labor and mass murder of Black people. We will accept the payment in currency which will be distributed to our many communities. The Germans are now aiding the Jews in Israel for the genocide of the Jewish people. The Germans murdered six million Jews. The American racist has taken part in the slaughter of over fifty million Black people; therefore, we feel that this is a modest demand that we make.

4. We Want Decent Housing Fit For The Shelter Of Human Beings.
We believe that if the White Landlords will not give decent housing to our Black community, then the housing and the land should be made into cooperatives so that our community, with government aid, can build and make decent housing for its people.

5. We Want Education For Our People That Exposes The True Nature Of This Decadent American Society. We Want Education That Teaches Us Our True History And Our Role In The Present-Day Society.
We believe in an educational system that will give to our people a knowledge of self. If a man does not have knowledge of himself and his position in society and the world, then he has little chance to relate to anything else.

6. We Want All Black Men To Be Exempt From Military Service.
We believe that Black people should not be forced to fight in the military service to defend a racist government that does not protect us. We will not fight and kill other people of color in the world who, like Black people, are being victimized by the White racist government of America. We will protect ourselves from the force and violence of the racist police and the racist military, by whatever means necessary.

7. We Want An Immediate End To Police Brutality And Murder Of Black People.
We believe we can end police brutality in our Black community by organizing Black self-defense groups that are dedicated to defending our Black community from racist police oppression and brutality. The Second Amendment to the Constitution of the United States gives a right to bear arms. We therefore believe that all Black people should arm themselves for self- defense.

8. We Want Freedom For All Black Men Held In Federal, State, County And City Prisons And Jails.
We believe that all Black people should be released from the many jails and prisons because they have not received a fair and impartial trial.

9. We Want All Black People When Brought To Trial To Be Tried In Court By A Jury Of Their Peer Group Or People From Their Black Communities, As Defined By The Constitution Of The United States.
We believe that the courts should follow the United States Constitution so that Black people will receive fair trials. The Fourteenth Amendment of the U.S. Constitution gives a man a right to be tried by his peer group. A peer is a person from a similar economic, social, religious, geographical, environmental, historical and racial background. To do this the court will be forced to select a jury from the Black community from which the Black defendant came. We have been, and are being, tried by all-White juries that have no understanding of the "average reasoning man" of the Black community.

10. We Want Land, Bread, Housing, Education,Clothing, Justice And Peace.
When, in the course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume, among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the laws of nature and nature's God entitle them, a decent respect of the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal; that they are endowed by their Creator with certain inalienable rights; that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. That, to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed; that, whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or abolish it, and to institute a new government, laying its foundation on such principles, and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and, accordingly, all experience hath shown that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But, when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards for their future security.


Maybe it's just me, but that is pretty long and it didn't get cut, which it shouldn't, why should mine? I wrote to somebody about it but they have not gotten back to me yet. I have to go now and dry my tears. Anthony


There is no limit on the size. I am not sure about the Milli Vanilli question, but I suspect the reason the explanation was abbreviated is the same reason the Monkees explanation was cut short. I also assume that you are referring to the Monkees question when you say that a couple of them were shortened.

Your explanation:
"The Monkees" were a pop-rock quartet created and based in Los Angeles in 1965 for an NBC American television series of the same name.

Wikipedia:
The Monkees were a pop-rock quartet created and based in Los Angeles in 1965 for an NBC American television series of the same name.

Your explanation:
The show, which ran from 1966 to 1968. It ultimately helped make them one of the most popular music acts of the decade.

Wikipedia:
The show, which ran from 1966 to 1968, helped make them one of the most popular music acts of the decade

The editor had to make a decision, and he decided to shorten the explanation removing certain sentences.

In the case of the Black Panther Party quiz you cited, the explanation could not have been modified by the author and is not considered plagiarism. Just like it wouldn't be plagiarism to cite The Constitution.

I hope this makes sense.

Regards,
esprit


  # 3  
2008-05-16 07:28:44
 
Join Date: 2005-11-24
RE: RE: I sort of pride myself.........................

Quote:
Originally Posted by esprit
There is no limit on the size. I am not sure about the Milli Vanilli question, but I suspect the reason the explanation was abbreviated is the same reason the Monkees explanation was cut short. I also assume that you are referring to the Monkees question when you say that a couple of them were shortened.

Your explanation:
"The Monkees" were a pop-rock quartet created and based in Los Angeles in 1965 for an NBC American television series of the same name.

Wikipedia:
The Monkees were a pop-rock quartet created and based in Los Angeles in 1965 for an NBC American television series of the same name.

Your explanation:
The show, which ran from 1966 to 1968. It ultimately helped make them one of the most popular music acts of the decade.

Wikipedia:
The show, which ran from 1966 to 1968, helped make them one of the most popular music acts of the decade

The editor had to make a decision, and he decided to shorten the explanation removing certain sentences.

In the case of the Black Panther Party quiz you cited, the explanation could not have been modified by the author and is not considered plagiarism. Just like it wouldn't be plagiarism to cite The Constitution.

I hope this makes sense.

Regards,
esprit


I have no problem with The Monkees question being shortened, honestly, I had no idea that it was.I know for sure that my "Milli Vanilli" question was and the words to "Safety Dance" were left out.. Are you accusing me of plagiarism ? Are you serious? I am one of your most played quiz authors on this site and you throw the word plagiarism next to my name and put a Monkees question up there with wiki information? Dude, that ain't right. Is that the way you treat me? I don't copy and paste too much and the one time that I do, you throw me under the bus like that? Not cool. How bout this? "Yeah, he just wanted to shorten the question and felt that it was the appropriate thing to do". All the crap on this site that is copied and pasted and I get thrown under the bus? You gotta be kidding me. I am taking 6 hours to make one quiz because I don't copy and paste and I get treated like a mutt. "I must be a fool, to be on this site 10 hrs a day and make quizzes for you for free and in return you air me out like this". This was not the right approach when answering this forum post. Shame on you.


  # 4  
2008-05-16 08:16:40
 
Join Date: 2005-11-24

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanitation
I have no problem with The Monkees question being shortened, honestly, I had no idea that it was.I know for sure that my "Milli Vanilli" question was and the words to "Safety Dance" were left out.. Are you accusing me of plagiarism ? Are you serious? I am one of your most played quiz authors on this site and you throw the word plagiarism next to my name and put a Monkees question up there with wiki information? Dude, that ain't right. Is that the way you treat me? I don't copy and paste too much and the one time that I do, you throw me under the bus like that? Not cool. How bout this? "Yeah, he just wanted to shorten the question and felt that it was the appropriate thing to do". All the crap on this site that is copied and pasted and I get thrown under the bus? You gotta be kidding me. I am taking 6 hours to make one quiz because I don't copy and paste and I get treated like a mutt. "I must be a fool, to be on this site 10 hrs a day and make quizzes for you for free and in return you air me out like this". This was not the right approach when answering this forum post. Shame on you.


205 quizzes on this site and.........................................just forget it. It really is not worth it. I guess I have to be careful when writing my answer explanations. Maybe I should shorten them and make the explanations boring, I really don't want to do that because then making the quizzes will not be fun. I am just floored, the word plagiarism and sanitation just don't mix well. It just looks so trashy.


  # 5  
2008-05-16 09:42:02
 
Join Date: 2006-10-08
Well.....

This is an interesting discussion and I must say a couple of things here! #1 Anthony I feel did not copy directly from another website. The 2 lines in question I would consider common phrasing so therefor both could be very similar without copying! Secondly I do not feel that Esprit actually accused Anthony of anything! He did point out the similarities in both the quiz and the website but I do not think he even implied that you plagurised anything! Lastly since JoeSmow is a teammate of mine I must also back him up on his not plagurising as well. I know that this seems pretty neutral for me buit that is the way I see it! i hope this helps!


Thanx!
phreekshow


  # 6  
2008-05-16 09:45:17
 
Join Date: 2005-11-24
RE: Well.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreekshow
This is an interesting discussion and I must say a couple of things here! #1 Anthony I feel did not copy directly from another website. The 2 lines in question I would consider common phrasing so therefor both could be very similar without copying! Secondly I do not feel that Esprit actually accused Anthony of anything! He did point out the similarities in both the quiz and the website but I do not think he even implied that you plagurised anything! Lastly since JoeSmow is a teammate of mine I must also back him up on his not plagurising as well. I know that this seems pretty neutral for me buit that is the way I see it! i hope this helps!


Thanx!
phreekshow


Honestly, I am just taken back that the word "plagiarism" is even mentioned with any of my quizzes.


  # 7  
2008-05-16 14:43:59
 
Join Date: 2005-04-16
omg this is so funny...

"I am one of your most played quiz authors on this site" well but i can't see even one of your quizzes in hall of fame let's see we have aeria kamen triumph bobby no there is no sanitation in the list Very Happy But you are a very funny person this quotes are just halirous!!!!!!!!!!!

"I get thrown under the bus? " hahahhaahah

"and I get treated like a mutt" oh that's just great hahahaahhah

"I have to go now and dry my tears. Anthony" hahhaha

you must try to become comedian really this is just great......


oh and i will paste my favorite quote here

"cry me a river and drawn in it" Smile


  # 8  
2008-05-16 15:04:46
 
Join Date: 2005-11-24
I am not following you..............was that a friendly post or sarcasm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dx4
"I am one of your most played quiz authors on this site" well but i can't see even one of your quizzes in hall of fame let's see we have aeria kamen triumph bobby no there is no sanitation in the list Very Happy But you are a very funny person this quotes are just halirous!!!!!!!!!!!

"I get thrown under the bus? " hahahhaahah

"and I get treated like a mutt" oh that's just great hahahaahhah

"I have to go now and dry my tears. Anthony" hahhaha

you must try to become comedian really this is just great......


oh and i will paste my favorite quote here

"cry me a river and drawn in it" Smile


I am the 2nd most played author on this site. You can't see that but I can, only gold members can see that, it is part of the 13 things that are located in the treasure chest. Grant it, I am not in the top 5 when it comes to most hits on any one quiz but as far as being the 2nd most played on this website, this is true. Maybe you should buy the GOLD and see what I am talking/writing about. I really should not have to explain myself to somebody whose team uses this site as a chat forum, but I will, since you think that I am very funny, now that my little friend is SARCASM. Anthony


  # 9  
2008-05-16 15:12:47
 
Join Date: 2005-04-16
what?

http://www.123facts.com/hall_fame.php?module=quizzes1 there is no sanitation on that page and i think this is the REAL thing Smile oh well maybe you are not sooo good quizz author afterl all but hey nobody is perfect right try gardening? heheheheh


  # 10  
2008-05-16 15:17:24
 
Join Date: 2005-11-24
RE: what?--------------Okay, I know who this is. I see when you joined the site and that speaks volumes within itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dx4
http://www.123facts.com/hall_fame.php?module=quizzes1 there is no sanitation on that page and i think this is the REAL thing Smile oh well maybe you are not sooo good quizz author afterl all but hey nobody is perfect right try gardening? heheheheh


How are you doing today ? I saw your picture up last week, blonde hair ? Wow, I didn't expect you to look like that. How is my Bulgarian friend doing today ?


You cannot currently post here   Page 1 of 4

p.1   |    p.2   |    p.3   |    p.4   |    Next >>    Last >|


















 
 
Conditions of Use   |   Privacy policy   |   Disclaimer   |   Copyright    © 2005-2017 123facts.com. All Rights Reserved.