- Last Tournament Champ

You are here:    Home » Discussion Forums
Search:  

Forum Areas > General Forums > Movie & Television Talk > Goodbye George

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1

# 1  
2008-06-26 19:21:52

Goodbye George!

I was struck with the news of the passing of George carlin this week and I am still somewhat forlorn. I just always expected there to be another HBO special and another one after that and yet another. He had more influence on my thoughts , ieas and life than any other celebrity ever. His thinking outside the box, in your face and with NO appologies humor helped shape the way I look at the World today! Although he had his problems in life as we all do he was a brilliant and thought provoking man. His comedy was sacastic, cynical , and made us look at ourselves in a totllly different way! Goodbye George you will be missed but always remembered!

Phreekshow (RON) Crying or Very sad

# 2  
2008-07-09 07:59:45

RE: Goodbye George!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreekshow
I was struck with the news of the passing of George carlin this week and I am still somewhat forlorn. I just always expected there to be another HBO special and another one after that and yet another. He had more influence on my thoughts , ieas and life than any other celebrity ever. His thinking outside the box, in your face and with NO appologies humor helped shape the way I look at the World today! Although he had his problems in life as we all do he was a brilliant and thought provoking man. His comedy was sacastic, cynical , and made us look at ourselves in a totllly different way! Goodbye George you will be missed but always remembered!

Phreekshow (RON) Crying or Very sad

Absolutely the funniest comedian I have ever watched and seen in person. What a shame. You will sorely be missed Mr. Carlin !!!!

# 3  
2008-07-09 11:50:24

The Two George Carlins

I also mourn the loss of George Carlin but , very respectfully, I think he was oveer rated as a comic. in almost any venue saying a "dirty word" gets a laugh. But is it funny?
I subscribe to the theory that there were two aspects to George Carlin's humor. Firat there was the very funny , simple, thoughtful humor of such routines as "The Hippy-Dippy Weatherman( dark tonight clearing up by dawn.)The fabulous routine comparing baseball to football.( In football you hit, blitz, tackle, knockout, but in baseball you sacrifice. In football you score, you hit , you rush. In baseball, you come home.) These routines were extremely funny. Included in this aaspect of his humor were his routines on oxymorons(military intelligence,working lunch, etc.) The second aspect to his humor involved those seven words you can't say on TV. It was an interesting point once but then I just did not find it funny.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1

p.1   |   

Conditions of Use   |   Privacy policy   |   Disclaimer   |   Copyright    © 2005-2017 123facts.com. All Rights Reserved.