- Last Tournament Champ

You are here:    Home » Discussion Forums
Search:  

Forum Areas > General Forums > Quiz Authors Meet > Curious

Post Reply   Page 1 of 2

# 1  
2007-02-01 20:54:12

Curious

I began writing quizzes a few days ago and find myself with many quizzes in various stages of completion. I was wondering, do most you write one quiz at a time from beginning to end or, like me have a bunch going on at the same time? Would like to hear some different opinions. Thanks.

Doug63

# 2  
2007-02-02 02:19:44

Writing one quiz at a time.

Dear Douglas, I write one quiz at a time from beginning to end. I currently have 27 quizzes online . Enjoy and good luck! I wish you and your team, the best of luck. Thank you and have a nice day, or as we say in Dutch: Dank u wel en een prettige dag.
Kind regards, your ailurophiliac Dutch friend, Remco (Catman) van Prooijen, Cat Lovers Team (appointed team leader). Ailurophilia rules. Meow! Smile

# 3  
2007-02-02 10:10:20

RE: Curious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug63
I began writing quizzes a few days ago and find myself with many quizzes in various stages of completion. I was wondering, do most you write one quiz at a time from beginning to end or, like me have a bunch going on at the same time? Would like to hear some different opinions. Thanks.

Doug63

Doug, I find myself always completing quizzes at one time, I do not like to have 5 quizzes incomplete at one time. Work on one at a time then submit them. It is much easier than having 6 quizzes with 5 questions on each. Just sit down and bang them out. I presently have 90 online and have never left one incomplete overnight. If I start one on the 2nd of February, it gets submittd on the 2nd of February. Some people do different things. For me personally, I just as soon do it this way. Anthony (sanitation)

# 4  
2007-02-02 12:15:28

Re: Curious

My thanks to both of you. I enjoy both of your work and envy your ability to write quizzes that are neither to hard nor to easy. It's neat to find out a little bit about the creative process that you use.
I tried the "one at a time" for my first quiz, which is pending approval from the editors, but I'm really enjoying having a few in the bin and adding questions and researching in different directions as ideas come to me. Plus, For me it's neat to write a question on Shakespeare one moment then a question on auto racing or politics the next.
Plus I think personality and experience play a large part. Before I suffered my stroke, I was a legal researcher for a Public Defenders's office and would look up and answer literally dozens of questions on different topics during the day. I guess bouncing around is what I'm used to. Still I think I will try the "one and done" method a few more times to see if it works better.
Thanks again for your very helpful advice.

Doug Cook

# 5  
2007-02-02 13:35:53

RE: Curious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug63

Doug63

I like to start and finish one quiz before starting the next! Although I may write down the title and descriptions of many quizzes ahead of time and have them ready to go! I also like to do them in a particular order so I do not have to many quizzes of the same category at one time!

But whatever works for you is what you should do! It's all about what helps you make a quiz that you are comfortable with! And always HAVE FUN!

Thanx!
phreekshow Razz

# 6  
2007-02-02 15:15:36

Thanks

Thanks Phreekshow. I must admit to being a little surprised that there aren't more quiz authors that work on multiple quizzes at the same time. With as prolific as you are, it probably wouldn't be practical to have more than one going at a time. Anyone else do things a little different? Thanks again for the great response Smile

Doug

# 7  
2007-02-04 16:26:06

lots of quizes

I tend to have a lot of quizes up at once. Not really on purpose, i'll run out of questions for a quiz and start on another. Then I never get to finish this quiz. Anyone else have this problem?

# 8  
2007-02-09 05:20:04

a little of both

When I first started I would do one at a time... not starting another until the present one was finished. I still do that for the most part but sometimes I'll have a couple going at the same time because I'll come across another topic while I'm researching and either I'll start it or jot it down. I also try not to have too many on the same subject at the same time but sometimes it's too much for one quiz, lol.

# 9  
2007-02-09 05:45:21

Also............

You have to remember Doug, I have a system when I make quizzes. I usually ( the last 7 months) always start my quizzes with "What year did this show first hit the airwaves" ? and end my quizzes with " What year did the show leave the airwaves" ? I have a little advantage right there. I usually make 10 question quizzes and I know I always have 2 questions in the bank, all I need to do is come up wih 8 more questions and usually one of them is an unscramble this actor question, so really all I need is 7 more questions. Doing stuff like that makes it easier to create the quizzes. Actually those are probably the two hardest questions on all of my quizzes, go figure. If you are not having fun creating them and it has become like more of a job, I wouldn't even make them. When these become more of a hindrance to make, then I will stop, but right now I am having fun creating quizzes and get lots of satisfaction when people like them and send complimentary notes. It makes it all worhwhile. At least for me anyway. Anthony

# 10  
2007-02-09 05:45:52

Also............

You have to remember Doug, I have a system when I make quizzes. I usually ( the last 7 months) always start my quizzes with "What year did this show first hit the airwaves" ? and end my quizzes with " What year did the show leave the airwaves" ? I have a little advantage right there. I usually make 10 question quizzes and I know I always have 2 questions in the bank, all I need to do is come up wih 8 more questions and usually one of them is an unscramble this actor question, so really all I need is 7 more questions. Doing stuff like that makes it easier to create the quizzes. Actually those are probably the two hardest questions on all of my quizzes, go figure. If you are not having fun creating them and it has become like more of a job, I wouldn't even make them. When these become more of a hindrance to make, then I will stop, but right now I am having fun creating quizzes and get lots of satisfaction when people like them and send complimentary notes. It makes it all worhwhile. At least for me anyway. Anthony

Post Reply   Page 1 of 2

p.1   |    p.2   |    Next >>    Last >|

Conditions of Use   |   Privacy policy   |   Disclaimer   |   Copyright    © 2005-2017 123facts.com. All Rights Reserved.