- Last Tournament Champ

You are here:    Home » Discussion Forums
Search:  

Forum Areas > General Forums > Desktop Wallpapers > 1300 Wallpapers

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1

# 1  
2008-08-01 02:16:57

1300+ wallpapers

Hey, I have a TON of wallpapers, so I uploaded them all. If you want them, they're here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GFW9VJ2B
The file is fairly large, though, so watch out.
But the wallpapers are very, very good.

# 2  
2008-08-01 18:00:57

RE: 1300+ wallpapers

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverhawk79
Hey, I have a TON of wallpapers, so I uploaded them all. If you want them, they're here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GFW9VJ2B
The file is fairly large, though, so watch out.
But the wallpapers are very, very good.

Not trying to be a killjoy, but McAfee Site Advisor says to be very careful of what you download from this website.
Apparently when they tested it, they found that the downloads come from unverified sources.
It's similar to opening an email from someone you don't know. Just not a great idea.

# 3  
2008-08-02 22:14:06

RE: RE: 1300+ wallpapers

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustSomeGuy
Not trying to be a killjoy, but McAfee Site Advisor says to be very careful of what you download from this website.
Apparently when they tested it, they found that the downloads come from unverified sources.
It's similar to opening an email from someone you don't know. Just not a great idea.

Well, I'm trustworthy...right? <.<

# 4  
2008-08-03 09:04:48

RE: RE: RE: 1300+ wallpapers

Quote:
Well, I'm trustworthy...right? <.<

I trust you just as much as anyone else I don't know. Smile
Sorry, it's just that downloading wallpapers and screen-savers are 2 of the fastest ways of picking up adware, spyware, and other unwanted programs.
McAfee Site Advisor is free to download, and it will tell you if a site has been tested. Once it has, it will report any problems that occurred in their test computers, and mark it as a Red, Yellow, Grey or Green site. If you stick to "Green" sites, you'll never download anything that can harm your computer or slow it's performance. It even puts a colored check-mark next to each match on a Google search, so you don't even have to open the web page to find out if it's safe. Personally, love it.
If anyone is interested, it's http://www.siteadvisor.com/download/ie.html or just Google "McAfee Site Advisor".
JSG

# 5  
2008-08-03 15:17:41

RE: RE: RE: RE: 1300+ wallpapers

Quote:
I trust you just as much as anyone else I don't know. Smile
Sorry, it's just that downloading wallpapers and screen-savers are 2 of the fastest ways of picking up adware, spyware, and other unwanted programs.
McAfee Site Advisor is free to download, and it will tell you if a site has been tested. Once it has, it will report any problems that occurred in their test computers, and mark it as a Red, Yellow, Grey or Green site. If you stick to "Green" sites, you'll never download anything that can harm your computer or slow it's performance. It even puts a colored check-mark next to each match on a Google search, so you don't even have to open the web page to find out if it's safe. Personally, love it.
If anyone is interested, it's http://www.siteadvisor.com/download/ie.html or just Google "McAfee Site Advisor".
JSG

Well, I've already scanned my computer with Kaspersky Antivirus and SpySweeper, and it found nothing, so...

# 6  
2008-08-03 20:33:13

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: 1300+ wallpapers

Quote:
Well, I've already scanned my computer with Kaspersky Antivirus and SpySweeper, and it found nothing, so...

That's great. I didn't have to run a scan, because McAfee tipped me off to stay away.
I'm not trying to bust your chops, I'm just passing along what the virus scan company tells me.
Anyone who wants to take their chances is going to anyway. To me, it just doesn't make sense to put your computer in jeopardy for a picture.
JSG

# 7  
2008-08-07 01:22:22

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: 1300+ wallpapers

Quote:
That's great. I didn't have to run a scan, because McAfee tipped me off to stay away.
I'm not trying to bust your chops, I'm just passing along what the virus scan company tells me.
Anyone who wants to take their chances is going to anyway. To me, it just doesn't make sense to put your computer in jeopardy for a picture.
JSG

Well, if you download something from the site that's questionable, your antivirus should be able to handle it anyways, which most computers nowadays come with. Sorry if I come off as argumentative, I just want people to be able to download it if they want.

# 8  
2008-08-08 07:28:16

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: 1300+ wallpapers

Quote:
Well, if you download something from the site that's questionable, your antivirus should be able to handle it anyways, which most computers nowadays come with. Sorry if I come off as argumentative, I just want people to be able to download it if they want.

First of all, don't worry about sounding argumentative. I understand your point completely. It's something you like, and you want to pass it along. I think it's great that you want to do that. I'm just trying to pass along my experience. I've been burned in the past, and I know other people who have been, while using a top of the line anti-virus program, including McAfee and Norton. The problem is, until the viruses, or spyware, or adware are public, your virus protection can't stop them. Something has to break before they know how to fix it. Using McAfee site advisor gives you a little added protection. It's not going to catch everything either, but I see no reason to download from a site that's already listed with a "caution". Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's a "bad site". I'm just saying that McAfee says "it's the type of site that is notorious for spreading unwanted programs".
JSG

# 9  
2008-12-03 11:34:31

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: 1300+ wallpapers

Quote:
First of all, don't worry about sounding argumentative. I understand your point completely. It's something you like, and you want to pass it along. I think it's great that you want to do that. I'm just trying to pass along my experience. I've been burned in the past, and I know other people who have been, while using a top of the line anti-virus program, including McAfee and Norton. The problem is, until the viruses, or spyware, or adware are public, your virus protection can't stop them. Something has to break before they know how to fix it. Using McAfee site advisor gives you a little added protection. It's not going to catch everything either, but I see no reason to download from a site that's already listed with a "caution". Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's a "bad site". I'm just saying that McAfee says "it's the type of site that is notorious for spreading unwanted programs".
JSG

You can't go wrong with McAfee. It is the best.

# 10  
2009-01-31 09:49:54

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: 1300+ wallpapers

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanitation
You can't go wrong with McAfee. It is the best.

Does anybody have wallpapers of 70's music artists?

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1

p.1   |   

Conditions of Use   |   Privacy policy   |   Disclaimer   |   Copyright    © 2005-2017 123facts.com. All Rights Reserved.